Over time the belts may need to be tightened. This solution includes all steps taken to correctly tighten your belts.
(Example of what belts should look like)
- Gently move the hot end to the front of the printer until you here the “click” of the micro switch being activated.
- Inspect both the left and right Y carriage to determine there distance to the front smooth rod mount. Locate the side that has a farther distance.
In my example, the Right Y Carriage is too far away. The distance to the front should be about 3mm.
–3) Using needle nose pliers, tighten the applicable belt by twisting.
- Right Y Carriage too far from the front – tighten rear belt tab on the hot end
- Left Y Carriage too far from the front – tighten front belt tab on the hot end
4) Belts should now be equal when compared to front
–5) The finished tension should be flick-able. When pinched they can touch, but with pressure.