Wolfbend TPU Flexible Filament
This flexible filament is much easier to print with than other flexible materials on the market, and is also much stronger. The layer-to layer bond is incredible, and layer separation is non-existent. TPU stands for thermoplastic polyurethane, and has many useful properties, including elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil, grease and abrasion.
SECTION 1, IDENTIFICATION
|AIRWOLF 3D TESTED PROPERTIES|
|Product Part Number:||White AW3D-F08402|
Elongation at Break:
|Recommended Use:||3D printing filament||(see “Methodology of Test” for details)|
|Restrictions on Use:||For use with 3D printers|
SECTION 2, DESCRIPTION
|Description:||A strong, flexible material with rubber-like elasticity. Excellent layer-to layer bond making layer separation non-existent. |
|Applications:||Automotive instrument panels|
|Key Features:||High elasticity|
Mechanical properties, combined with a rubber-like elasticity
Oil and grease resistance
SECTION 3, SPECIFICATIONS
|EXTRUDER TEMPERATURE||230C – 245C|
|RECOMMENDED BUILD SURFACE||Wolfbite for ABS, PETG, TPU, and TPE|
|COLOR||Black, Blue, Clear, Red, White|
|COMPATIBLE MACHINE||AXIOM, AXIOM 20, AXIOM Dual Extruder, EVO|
|Melting Point (via Differential Scanning Calorimeter) DSC||216° C|
|Glass Transition (Tg) DSC||-35° C|
|Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT) @ 10.75psi/ 0.07 MPa ASTM D648||60° C|
|Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT) @ 66psi/ 0.45 MPa ASTM D648||44° C|
|Specific Gravity ASTM D792||1.19 g/cc|
|Hardness ASTM D2240||95 Shore A|
|Elongation at Break ISO 527||909.00%|
|Tensile Strength, Ultimate ISO 527||23.8 Mpa|
|Moisture Absorption – 24 hours ASTM D570||0.22 %|
|SECTION 4, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION|
- Wolfbend TPU Flexible Filament is best suited for direct-drive extruders. Flexible filaments require slower speeds for optimum print performance.
- Related case studies: Mass customization 3D printers at Feetz and Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Battery Box
- 3D printing settings:
- Speed: 30mm/s
- Fans: On
- Flow rate: 110%
- General: 2 perimeters, purge thoroughly
- For superior bed adhesion and to prevent warpage use Wolfbite for ABS, TPU
Not sure which filament is better suited for your application? Take a look at Airwolf 3D’s Filament Properties Table.
To achieve optimal results with TPU or TPE thermoelastic polymers, 3d print with a direct drive configuration. Direct drive extrusion assemblies consistently outperform Bowden configurations with a wide range of materials, in particular, flexible materials such as TPE and TPU. To delve deeper into this topic of Bowden vs direct drive, to learn more about settings and to see images and results from our recent TPU tests, download our white paper below.
Download our white paper "Direct vs Bowden"
The purpose of this white paper is to explain to hobbyists, educators, and professionals the distinctions between direct drive and Bowden drive extrusion systems for Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) 3D printers, by highlighting the key features of each and assessing various 3D-printed control objects. Read this white paper to learn:
- The pros and cons of a direct drive extruder configuration and a Bowden extruder configuration
- About our Resolution-Time Correlation study aimed to test the resolution of both a Bowden and Direct Drive configuration at various speeds with various materials.
- Settings for various materials using these configurations
Reading time: 30 minutes