MG94 ABS Filament
Get everything you love about ABS — but with the increased strength, smooth printability, and glossy finish of MG94 3D-printer filament. The new gold standard in MG94 ABS filament, Airwolf 3D’s MG94 is manufactured in-house with pure ingredients and according to our exceedingly high quality standards.
SECTION 1, IDENTIFICATION
|AIRWOLF 3D TESTED PROPERTIES|
|Product Part Number:||F06103||Ultimate Strength:|
Elongation at Break:
|Manufacturer:||Airwolf 3D||(see “Methodology of Test” for details)|
|Address:||11208 Young River Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA 92708|
|Phone Number:||+1 949-478-2933|
|Recommended Use:||3D printing filament|
|Restrictions on Use:||For use with 3D printers|
SECTION 2, DESCRIPTION
|Description:||Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene for functional prototypes or end-use production parts. With superior layer bonding, high printability, and a smooth finish ABS.|
Visual and functional prototyping
End use parts
Short run manufacturing
|Key Features:||Excellent mechanical properties and interlayer adhesion, good|
aesthetics, minimal warping and reliable bed adhesion.
SECTION 3, SPECIFICATIONS
|EXTRUDER TEMPERATURE||235C – 260C|
|BED TEMPERATURE||110C – 130C|
|RECOMMENDED BUILD SURFACE||Wolfbite for ABS, PETG, TPU, and TPE|
|COLOR||Black, Black 5lbs, Natural, Natural 5lbs, White, White 5lbs|
|COMPATIBLE MACHINE||AXIOM, AXIOM 20, AXIOM Dual Extruder, EVO, HD Series|
|COMPATIBLE SUPPORT MATERIAL||HydroFill Water-Soluble Support|
|Density ISO 1183||1.04 g/cm³|
|HDT, 0.45 MPa, 3.2 mm, unannealed ASTM D 648||95 C|
|HDT, 1.82 MPa, 3.2mm, unannealed ASTM D 648||82 C|
|Melt Flow Rate, 230°C/3.8 kgf ASTM D 1238||11.7 g/10 min|
|Vicat Softening Temp, Rate B/50 ASTM D 1525||98 C|
|Specific Gravity ASTM D 792||1.05|
|Shrinkage, flow, 3.2 mm (5)||0.5 – 0.8 %|
|Ultimate Strength when 3D Printed:|
Elongation at Break when 3D Printed:
|UL Recognized, 94HB Flame Class Rating (3) 1.52 mm||UL 94|
SECTION 4, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- For challenging prints with complex internal geometry, MG94 ABS is compatible with HydroFill Water-Soluble Support.
- Acetone vapor treatment can minimize layer lines.
- Methodology of Tests performed by Airwolf 3D: Airwolf 3D tested this material, in its 3d printed form, for the mechanical properties of “Ultimate Strength” and “Elongation at Break” per ISO 527 standards. Specimens were printed on an AXIOM 3D printer with a nozzle orifice size 0.5mm. The specimens were “dog bone” shaped with a size of 75mm x 10mm x 2mm and printed with 90% fill density. Wolfbite adhesive was used to adhere the part to the heated bed during print cycle. The default “Standard” setting in APEX slicing software was used. (see “ABS Filament Technical Specifications Data Sheet” for details)
- MG94 ABS offers all of the same characteristics of Platinum Series ABS Filament — but with some enhancements. Made with premium quality MG94, this material offers greater strength and an exceptionally shiny, even finish, thanks to its superior layer bonding. When you print in MG94 ABS, you may notice that it extrudes more smoothly than regular ABS. MG94 is a high-flow, low-ooze filament that prints beautifully with a smooth, glossy finish and reduced layer lines. Like regular ABS, MG94 is incredibly versatile. The material is durable with a very slight flex and offers heat-, impact- and chemical-resistance, making it ideal for printing strong parts that need to withstand heat, falls, or repeated use. It is also the top choice for parts that need to be post-processed. MG94 has a refined finish straight out of the printer, but it also responds beautifully to post-processing, such as sanding, priming, and painting. MG94 uses the same print settings as regular ABS, so go ahead and use the filament for the same applications for which you would normally use ABS.
- Tips for printing large parts with ABS.
Not sure which filament is better suited for your application? Take a look at Airwolf 3D’s Filament Properties Table.