HydroFill Water Soluble Support Material
Go ahead and 3D print the impossible! Those who use 3D printers now have the opportunity to break away from traditional support material and create objects previously thought impossible to 3D print. The “New and Improved” HydroFill water soluble support material is the world’s first highly effective washable support material certified for use with large ABS, PLA, and nylon parts. While not yet certified compatible with TPE and TPU, we are seeing success in ongoing test prints using these materials with HydroFill. Designed for use with any brand of compatible FFF 3D printer, the new filament withstands high temperatures, strongly bonds with compatible plastics and rinses away with water.
This patent-pending filament is the first viable water soluble support material in the world that dissolves in clean water without the use of any caustic chemicals, detergents, or solvents and without the use of special equipment like ultrasonic or heated baths. HydroFill is a universal, green chemistry solution that is safe for the environment. A fully proprietary, patent-pending formula, HydroFill contains no PVA and is effective support material for a wider range of materials. Unlike PVA filament which is limited to supporting PLA only, HydroFill can support more materials.
SECTION 1, IDENTIFICATION
|Product Part Number:||F66303|
|Address:||6580 Spencer, #120, Las Vegas, NV 89052|
|Phone Number:||+1 949-478-2933|
|Recommended Use:||3D printing filament (soluble support material)|
|Restrictions on Use:||For use with 3D printers|
SECTION 2, DESCRIPTION
|Description:||Water-soluble/washable support material for large ABS and PLA parts and dissolves easily in plain room-temperature water. HydroFill is a “green chemistry” solution that is safe for the environment.|
|Applications:||Complex parts which require support material
Parts with inner-geometry which need supports removed, but are not accessible to remove with tools
|Key Features:||Water soluble|
SECTION 3, SPECIFICATIONS
|EXTRUDER TEMPERATURE||215C – 245C|
|BED TEMPERATURE||70C – 115C|
|RECOMMENDED BUILD SURFACE||Wolfbite Adhesive for Primary Build Material|
|COMPATIBLE MACHINE||AXIOM 20, AXIOM Dual Extruder, EVO|
SECTION 4, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Keep filament sealed in protective wrap until ready to use.
- Once HydroFill has been opened, keep the spool in a closed bag to protect against exposure to moisture.
- Remove HydroFill from the printer when not in use.
- Store HydroFill at 45°F-86°F and in low humidity for optimal shelf life.
- Drying – very important. This product is supplied dry and sealed in thick 4mil pouch with several packs of desiccant. However, it is made using nylon and will absorb more moisture than other resins when left exposed to the environment. Excessive moisture will result in popping at the nozzle (water boiling off, a little steam) and excessive drooling and nozzle build-up. Make sure to keep this filament in a dry location between uses. If the filament does get wet, you can dry it out with a basic toaster oven (not one for food consumption). Recommend drying for 2-3 hours at 70-80°C. The reel itself has lower thermal resistance than the nylon filament and will distort / melt before the nylon.
- Unlike PVA filament which is limited to supporting PLA only, HydroFill can support more materials.
Video Demonstration and Overview