Installing unsigned Gen6 and RAMBo Drivers for Windows 8
Windows 8 by default will not let you install unsigned drivers. This means that a Windows 8 computer will not recognize either the AW3D v.5.5 Gen6 board or AW3D XL RAMBo board unless you follow the steps shown below to start Windows 8 in “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” mode:
1. Move the cursor over the top or bottom right corner or the screen and it will show extra options on the right side of the screen and click the settings button:
2. Click “Change PC settings”
3. Click on the General button:
4. Scroll down to find the Advanced startup section and hit the Restart now button.
5. Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and hit Restart.
6. The PC will now restart. Upon startup hit 7 on your keyboard to boot into Windows 8 with the driver signature check disabled.
Now you should be able to install the Gen6 or RAMBo drivers as provided for in the respective owners manuals.