ATTN: California Schools
Did you know that the deadline to file your third quarter (January 1–March 31) claim for Perkins funds is right around the corner and is due before or on April 30, 2016? That means that if you haven’t already expended your Perkins funds, and intended to do so before March 31st, then this is the time to take action.
Click here to download an estimate.
What Is The Perkins Fund?
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins) purpose “is to provide individuals with the academic and technical skills needed to succeed in a knowledge-and skills-based economy. Perkins supports career and technical education that prepares its students both for postsecondary education and the careers of their choice (acteonline.org).”
- Serving as a catalyst for change by driving program improvement
- Developing a strong accountability system that ensures quality and results
- Strengthening the integration of academic and career and technical education
- Ensuring access to career and technical education for special populations, including students with disabilities
- Developing and improving curricula
- Purchasing equipment to ensure that the classrooms have the latest technology
- Providing career guidance and academic counseling services
- Providing professional development and technical assistance for teachers, counselors and administrators
- Supporting career and technical education student organizations.
3D printers are state-of-the-art technology that expand the use of technology in vocational and technical education and advance technical skills that lead to entry into the technology fields.
3-D printing’s latest creation: Jobs
Wanted Analytics, a software firm that collects hiring data trends, reported that the number of 3D printing job ads increased by 1,834%. The most sought after employees with 3D experience, the firm found: industrial engineers, mechanical engineers, software developers, commercial and industrial designers and marketing managers. According to a recent article (“3-D printing’s latest creation: Jobs”) by CNBC News, workers have not been educated in now to apply 3-D printing to building products, and not enough technicians have a full understanding of how to service the machines and handle the composites used. As a result, some states are losing interested advance-manufacturing companies and future job growth because they are told there is no workforce with 3D printing skills. Furthermore, the BBC reported that 3D is more than a passing fad for jobs and that the main reason for job demand growth is that the interest in 3D printing is still expanding at a phenomenal rate. Just last month, the World Economic Forum published an executive summary on the Future of Jobs and identified 3D printing as one of the top 8 technological drivers of change in the job market.
Airwolf 3D can help you meet the March 31st deadline and provide the equipment in time to meet your third quarter filing!
Your teachers can be trained by Airwolf 3D staff in Costa Mesa on the use of a 3D printer and utilized the 3d printing lesson plans available from Airwolf 3D as a starting point to develop a customized curriculum. Students can use this tool to develop valuable skills such as: computer aided modeling, additive manufacturing, 3d printer operation, etc.. Most importantly, your students will learn how to “think in 3D” and this is perhaps one of the most valuable skill we can offer as they prepare for the workforce.
Why should you buy educational equipment from Airwolf 3D?
Your teachers can be trained by Airwolf 3D staff in Costa Mesa, California on the use of a 3D printer and utilize the 3d printing lesson plans available from Airwolf 3D as a starting point to develop a customized curriculum. With Airwolf 3D, educators receive hands-on training free of charge. Classes are offered twice a day – everyday. Airwolf 3D offers a professionally developed curriculum, created by teachers to meet and identify common core standards. Clearly, Airwolf 3D is committed to education and is a respected brand in thousands of schools worldwide. It is important to note that Airwolf 3D manufactures high-end equipment currently used by business and industry.
- One AXIOM 3D printer
- 2 Spools of filament
- Extra 3D printer consumables and accessories to get you started
- A professionally developed 3Dprinting curriculum, created by teachers to meet and identify common core standards (hard copy bound book). This is a tool to promote the integration of CTE with academic standards
- Hands-on training for educators. Airwolf 3D is conveniently located in Southern California
- 6 months of unlimited tech support
Click here to download an estimate.
Still not convinced? Here are 7 Reasons Why Every School Should Have a 3D Printer.
You Are in Good Company
Find out how to host your own 3D Printer Maker Challenge and receive a FREE 3D Printing Curriculum!
Sign up to receive a free download of our highly popular 3D Printing Curriculum which includes complete STEM lesson plans that introduce students to 3D printing. We will never share or sell your information.
Click to download your Free 3D Printing Curriculum!