The countdown to Christmas continues with our 25 Days of Materials, up next is T-Glase.
Tis the season to be jolly, join the Wolfpack in a fun 25 Days of Materials 3D printing countdown to Christmas and learn about 25 different materials and their unique properties! The objects to be 3D printed are part of the Advent Calendar/Christmas Tree designed by pleppik. Everyday we will be unveiling a new part of the Advent Calendar and talking about a different special 3D printing material.
DAY 20: TOYDRUM. 3D PRINTING WITH T-Glase.
Following the Wolfpack’s 25 Days of Materials 3D printing countdown is a Toydrum 3D printed with T-Glase. T-Glase (short for ”tough glass”) is a high-strength PET polymer that gives a transparent, glassy look to parts.
Interesting facts about T-Glase:
- T-Glase is made out of FDA approved polymers.
- There are no fumes or odors when 3D printing with T-Glase.
- T-Glase prints using similar settings to PLA.
- It has the ability to act as a light pipe to transmit light.
- Cannot be colored with standard dyes.
- It prints objects that are water tight.
- Can be easily transformed and recycled into new filament to print new things.
- It has fracture resistance.
3D PRINTING WITH T-GLASE: TIPS AND TRICKS
- Place a Build Plate Tape before starting your print on the bed to prevent your part from warping. One pack of Build Plate Tape contains 5 pieces, which will last for several print jobs and it’s medium adhesion allows for easy application and removal to the build plate. No more messing around with strips of tape to coat your bed!
- Set your hot end temperature to 240 °C when 3D printing with this filament.
- We recommend setting your bed temperature at 80 °C.
- T-Glase is very impressive at bridging.
MORE MATERIALS TO FOLLOW!
Below is a chart to list a few of the 3D printing filaments that we will be discussing over the next 25 Days of Materials.
Day 1: Nylon.
Day 2: HIPS.
Day 3: Stainless Steel PLA.
Day 4: PC-ABS.
Day 5: PETG.
Day 6: PLA.
Day 7: IGUS Iglidur.
Day 8: Coffee PLA.
Day 9: LAYBRICK.
Day 10: Bridge Nylon.
Day 11: LayWOO-D3.
Day 12: ALLOY 910.
Day 13: NinjaFlex TPE.
Day 14: Aromatic Pine PLA.
Day 15: Copperfill.
Day 16: ABS.
Day 17: Soft PLA.
Day 18: Polycarbonate.
Day 19: WOLFBEND TPU.
Did you like this article about 3D Printing with T-Glase and are you interested in learning more about 3D printing materials? Then sign up for our newsletter to receive your daily dose of 3D printing material knowledge – happening only this month!