The countdown to Christmas continues with our 25 Days of Materials, up next is WOLFBEND TPU.
Tis the season to be jolly, join the Wolfpack in a fun 25 Days of Materials 3D printing countdown to Christmas and learn about 25 different materials and their unique properties! The objects to be 3D printed are part of the Advent Calendar/Christmas Treedesigned by pleppik. Everyday we will be unveiling a new part of the Advent Calendar and talking about a different special 3D printing material.
Day 19: SANTA HAT. 3D PRINTING WITH WOLFBEND TPU
Following the Wolfpack’s 25 Days of Materials 3D printing countdown is a Santa Hat 3D printed with WOLFBEND TPU. TPU stands for thermoplastic polyurethane, and has many useful properties, including elasticity, transparency, resistance to oil, grease, abrasion and it’s highly flexible.
WOLFBEND TPU has many applications, including:
- Automotive instrument panels.
- Caster wheels.
- Sporting goods.
- Inflatable rafts.
- Keyboard protectors for laptops.
- Power tools.
- Medical devices.
- Drive belts.
3D PRINTING WITH WOLFBEND TPU: TIPS AND TRICKS
- Use Wolfbite or place Build Plate Tape on the bed to prevent your part from warping. One pack of Build Plate Tape contains 5 pieces, which will each last for several print jobs. It’s medium adhesion allows for easy application and removal to the build plate. No more messing around with strips of tape to coat your bed!
- Set your hot end temperature between 240 and 260 °C when 3D printing with WOLFBEND TPU.
- We recommend setting your bed temperature at 60 °C.
MORE MATERIALS TO FOLLOW!
Below is a chart to list a few of the 3D printing filaments that we will be discussing over the next 25 Days of Materials.
Day 1: Nylon.
Day 2: HIPS.
Day 3: Stainless Steel PLA.
Day 4: PC-ABS.
Day 5: PETG.
Day 6: PLA.
Day 7: IGUS Iglidur.
Day 8: Coffee PLA.
Day 9: LAYBRICK.
Day 10: Bridge Nylon.
Day 11: LayWOO-D3.
Day 12: ALLOY 910.
Day 13: NinjaFlex TPE.
Day 14: Aromatic Pine PLA.
Day 15: Copperfill.
Day 16: ABS.
Day 17: Soft PLA.
Day 18: Polycarbonate.
Did you like this article about 3D Printing with WOLFBEND TPU and are you interested in learning more about 3D printing materials? Then sign up for our newsletter to receive your daily dose of 3D printing material knowledge – happening only this month!