Xroads of Discovery
The 42nd annual SIGGRAPH Conference and Exhibition is a five-day interdisciplinary educational experience that showcases the latest developments in computer graphics research. For the first time in SIGGRAPH history the expo will feature contributions from the Maker community entitled, “Making @ SIGGRAPH 2015” that will feature a 3D printing lab hosted by Airwolf 3d. According to SIGGRAPH Chair, Jean Koneko, “Making is at the crossroads of computer graphics, interactive technologies and new and old fabrication tools and innovation”. Making @ SIGGRAPH 2015 promises to draw even more artists, scientists, engineers, teachers, and students to the event than ever before. Here is a list of just some of the things that Making @ SIGGRAPH 2015 will deliver:
- Provide learning opportunities for educators to bring Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) vie making into classrooms and libraries through hands-on experiences that tie into K-12 and post-graduate standards (common core and NGSS). This will include computer graphics, digital arts, digital storytelling, and more.
- Offer opportunities for educators, makers, and product developers to exchange information with the goal of facilitating new products and services to further innovation.
- Provide opportunities for educators to share how making and new technologies have influenced engagement, learning, and mindset skills via workshops, panels, and gatherings.
- Encourage building of makerspaces in schools, libraries, and communities through examples, documentation, and product sharing.
2015 SIGGRAPH Events
The 2015 Siggraph Conference and Exhibition is filled to the brim with fun and engaging events and activities including an “Appy Hour” featuring the latest developments in mobile app technology, a 3D printing lab, a “Games Focus” cluster of panels, courses, and demonstrations that focus on advanced gaming models, animations, effects, and design. And an “ACM Student Research Competition” in which students of the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society present their findings and vie for a chance to compete at the national ACM Student Research Competition.
There will be plenty of cutting edge technology available for hands-on demonstrations at SIGGRAPH 2015 including 3D rapid prototyping, 3D scanners, augmented/virtual reality, and 3D printing. Airwolf 3D will have a 3D printing lab on site connected with the latest 3D design software to allow patrons to experiment with this powerful emerging technology. Airwolf 3D technicians will be on hand to demonstrate how to output a model from Z-brush, as well as how to format, orient, slice, and 3D print the patron’s design.
- Super Shuttle discounts from Los Angeles Airport to and from the event. Shared Ride Van: $14 per passenger (up to 9 passengers). Town Car Service: $63 per sedan (up to 4 passengers).
- Discounted hotel rates through 13 July 2015. Discounts can only be obtained through onPeak™, SIGGRAPH 2015’s Housing Partner.
- Free WiFi
- Lactation/Breastfeeding accommodations
- Luggage/Coat Checks available ($5 per piece)
- No Cameras or recording devices are permitted at SIGGRAPH 2015
- Children are permitted at their parent’s discretion; however, the event may contain adult content of a graphic or violent nature.
2015 SIGGRAPH Maker Convention and Exhibition
(Making @ SIGGRAPH 2015 in South Hall G)
Conference: August 9th – 13th, 2015
Exhibition: August 11th – 13th, 2015
- Making @ SIGGRAPH 2015
- Sunday, 9 August, Noon – 5:30 pm
- Monday, 10 August, 9 am – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, 11 August, 9 am – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, 12 August, 9 am – 7 pm
- Thursday, 13 August, 9 am – 1 pm
Airwolf 3D, Makers, Researchers, Academics, Students, Artists, Animators, Scientists, Inventors, Programmers and 3D Professionals
ABOUT AIRWOLF 3D
Airwolf 3D is committed to designing and manufacturing and selling high-performance consumables, accessories and 3D printers that are fast, affordable, durable and easy to use. All Airwolf 3D printers are made in America, manufactured in the company’s 12,000 sq. ft. facility in Costa Mesa, Calif. Airwolf 3D printers can be found in Fortune 500 companies, engineering firms, government agencies and schools worldwide. For more information visit www.airwolf3d.com, telephone (949) 478-2933, email email@example.com, or visit the company’s showroom at 130 McCormick, Suite 105, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 for a free demonstration.