Calling All Makers: Announcing the First-Ever White House 3D-Printed Ornament Challenge
On October 30, 2014 the Office of Science and Technology Policy issued a press release announcing the first ever White House 3D-Printed Ornament Challenge! The White House needs your help creating the first 3D-printed ornaments that will deck the halls of the White House.
What does this mean to you?
This is your opportunity to make your mark in history. This is your chance to join a small collection of White House ornaments in the political history division of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History! A selection of the winning ornament designs will be 3D printed and displayed in the White House during the holiday season and featured on the Smithsonian’s state-of-the-art 3D data platform, 3d.si.edu!
How To Participate
Design an STL, print it and upload it to the Instructables website. This contest ends on November 10, 2014, so act quickly! (hint: to prevent delays, clearly state you are a resident of the USA).
Airwolf 3D FREE Gift to Participants!
We at Airwolf 3D believe our customers are the BEST designers in the world. We know this because every day we get to see some of the most jaw-dropping designs made by you on your Airwolf 3D printers. We would like to see some high-quality designs from Airwolf 3D customers adorning the White House. As such, we are encouraging you to participate in the challenge by offering you a FREE bottle of Wolfbite for entering. To get your free bottle of Wolfbite, please ensure that the uploaded photograph (to the Instructables website) of your ornament has our logo clearly displayed. Then let us know by providing a shipping address for the Wolfbite. Here is an example of an image with the Airwolf 3D logo.
We look forward to seeing your wonderful Christmas designs!
Details for those that like bullet points🙂
- Competition start date: October 30, 2014 (it’s occurring NOW)
- Deadline for entries: November 10, 2014
- White House instructions: Get the press release here Calling All Makers
- Submit designs here: Instructables Webpage 3D PRINTED ORNAMENT DESIGN CHALLENGE
- Sample entry: Made in the USA Ornament by Eva Wolf
- Provide shipping address for Wolfbite here: Fill out form to confirm your entry in the White House Ornament Challenge
- Questions? Drop an email to eva_at_airwolf3d.com
- Restrictions for free bottle of Wolfbite: Open to customers of Airwolf 3D, must clearly display logo on image of ornament
- Limits: One bottle of Wolfbite per household
- Delivery: Free bottles of Wolfbite will ship out on or about November 11th, 2014.