Creative coating for your 3D printed objects
Have you ever wanted to coat your creations with a tough but simple solution that will protect from the sun and other elements? This solution for finishing 3D printed objects works and is inexpensive. This is a clear reactive polymer that preserves and beautifies.
First, you will need a few items.
1) A pair of rubber gloves to protect your fingers from the pour-on.
2) Small cups for mixing. You can get them from the grocery store. Plastic cups will work fine.
3) A paint brush to mix and paint the resin onto the part.
4) Pour-on. Envirotex Lite is a water clear reactive polymer compound.
Read the instructions before using.
Steps for a Glossy ABS 3D Printed Part
- Prep your part by making sure there is no dirt or other contaminants on its surface.
- Wear protective gloves when mixing the 2 part pour-on resin
- After thoroughly mixing use a paint brush to apply the resin to the 3D printed model’s surface. Make sure you use a very thin coat as this material will run and puddle while curing.
- Use a piece of wax paper to place the part on to dry. If you want you can place your part on a turning device to prevent the resin from running.
You can find more tips for finishing 3d printed objects on our page “Tips“