How to Update Firmware in the Gen6 and RAMBo Circuit Boards Using Arduino
The 5.5 uses a bulletproof Gen6 circuit board while the XL uses an equally strong, feature-laden RAMBo circuit board from Ultimachine. The Gen6 uses Repetier-based firmware (with custom settings) while the RAMBo board uses Marlin-based firmware (also with custom settings). Updating the firmware for both is similar, starting with Arduino 23 (use version 23 ONLY).
Gen6 only – You will also need to download the Sanguino 0023 library. After downloading, manually drop the “Sanguino” folder into your Arduino “hardware” folder:
Now follow these steps (after disconnecting your host software from the printer):
1.Open up Arduino 23
2. Select the port your device is on:
3. Select the type of board you are using (for Gen6 select “Sanguino w/ ATmega644P”, for RAMBo, select “Arduino Mega 2560,” as shown below):
4. Now select File, click Open and then navigate to the firmware from the flashdrive (or other location) as follows (the process is identical, except for the firmware name, for Gen6):
5. With the proper firmware selected, click the Upload arrow to transfer the firmware to your circuit board:
6. Once you get the message “Done uploading” you are finished uploading your firmware. Now connect your host software and you will be back to printing!
Contact UsSubmit a Ticket
We offer several customer support options: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found in FAQ page. All inquiries are addressed within 24 hours. When contacting us via email, please include a phone number, preferred hours of contact and time zone.