How to Import an STL File into SketchUp
Follow this link to a nice plugin for SketchUp that enables you to import STL files: https://sites.google.com/site/jimfoltz/sketchup/my-sketchup-plugins/stl-importer/jf_stl_importer.rb?attredirects=0&d=1.
1. Install the plugin, using the installation instruction provided on the site. (Hint: save it in the plugins folder in SketchUp)
2. After you have installed the plugin, reopen SketchUp.
3. From the file drop down menu, select “Import”
4. A window will pop up asking you to select the file to open. From the “Files of type” drop down menu select “STL Importer (*.STL) by Jim Foltz. Next, select your file name and click “Open.”
5. Congratulations! You have just imported an STL file into SketchUp. If possible, remember to donate to Jim Foltz for providing the plugin.
Contact UsSubmit a Ticket
We offer several customer support options: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found in FAQ page. All inquiries are addressed within 24 hours. When contacting us via email, please include a phone number, preferred hours of contact and time zone.